Update: The Contest is now officially Closed (February 1, 2007). We received over 100 entriesÂ and we plan to review them carefullyÂ over the next few days.Â We willÂ inform the winners later this month.Â
Today, we would like to announce the launch of ClickTale’s Crazy Web Analytics Contest, your opportunity to get the web analytics you always wanted. We are opening up this competition to give you an opportunity to sound your voice and tell us the type of information you always wanted to know about your web visitors.Â
Specifically, imagine you could track thousands of visitors and millions of page events. How would you aggregate this information? What kind of statistics would be useful to you? What types of reports or visual maps would you like to see?
We will pick the best ideas and work with the winners to make their dreams become a reality. The winners will be awarded with VIP Beta Accounts which includes an invitation to join the ClickTale beta program immediately without waiting for their turn, as well as access to specially-made custom reports.
ClickTale collects data about every mouse position coordinate and timing, every mouse click coordinate and type, every scrolling action, and every keyboard key entry.Â How would you aggregate all this data? Here are some ideas that may inspire you:
- A report analyzing where the page fold is located.
- A report indicating how visitors are resizing their browsers upon arriving at a website.
- A heat map of visitor attention based on scroll-bar location.
- A heat map of mouse clicks.
- A visual map of average mouse movements across a webpage.
- Statistical clustering of users based on behavior attributes and displaying a representative user from each group.
A lot of people have been asking us if we have a demo.
Today we are proud to announce the first official Screencast of ClickTale in action.
And, if you are curious to see more, here isÂ another movie.
The ClickTale Team