We are happy to announce the addition of a new search module to our dashboard, delivering the full power of our comprehensive search from a simple, easy to use component. Now you’ll be able to search for specific customer videos directly from your ClickTale dashboard, in just a few clicks.
The module contains our four most popular search filters:
- Pages visited – find visitors based on the pages they visited within your site.
- Page count – find visitors based on the number of pages they saw within your site.
- Original referrer – find visitors based on how they came to your site.
Let’s look at a few simple examples you can try for yourself to find relevant and valuable customer videos:
Unlike traditional web analytics, ClickTale has always been able to tell you exactly what bounced visitors do on your site. This simple search will find bounced visitors who visit your homepage, but leave before seeing any other page.
- Under Page Count, select 1 to 1.
- Under Pages Visited, select your homepage URL or any other landing page you want to test.
Lost potential customers
These are customers who were interested in what your site had to offer, and visited at least five pages. They eventually came to a signup, payment or checkout page, but never actually converted. These are incredibly important videos to watch, as they are the “could have, would have, should have” customers which are often so easy to get back:
- Under Page Count, Select 5 to 20.
- Under Event Segmentation, select the signup or checkout page event with a , and the submit or confirmation button with a .
N.B. ClickTale subscribers that don’t have events on their account can use a checkout page URL and payment confirmation page URL instead.
Visitors from Google campaigns or search query
The Original Referrer filter is great for finding visitors that came from any source, including search engines, but can also be used to find videos of customers who came from a Google campaign or search query. For example:
- Use this followed by any keyword to find visitors who came from any specific search term. For example, “http://www.google.com/search?q=clicktale” will show us videos of visitors who came to our site after searching Google for the term “clicktale”.
- This will find visitors who came from a Google AdWords campaign.
- This will find visitors who came from a Google AdSense campaign.
Seek and you shall find
Don’t forget you can always click on the “Add search parameters”, or the “search” link in the sidebar to access our full search and alerts feature. Define any business process, scenario or funnel and see exactly which visitors completed the process, which dropped out, and why! Its features like these that really let you get the most of your ClickTale data.
If you haven’t already, you can sign up to ClickTale today and start optimizing your website based on your customers’ actual behavior. Start increasing your conversion rates, minimizing your site abandonment, and maximizing your profits.
*Please note that ClickTale Events are only available on certain subscription plans. For more information please see the plan comparison.