Last updated March 2018
- What types of Information does Clicktale collect? Clicktale may collect certain Personal Information, Technical Information and Usage Information (collectively, “Information”).
a. “Personal Information” refers to any personal information such as Name, Email, Phone Number or other contact details that is provided through any form or field or is otherwise submitted or provided to Clicktale.
b. “Technical Information” refers to data such as IP address, browser type, operating system, device type and other similar technical information that is typically received from your browser or device when visiting the Clicktale Website.
c. “Usage Information” refers to the information related to your use of our Website, including where you clicked, scrolled, and navigated to on the Website; information related to whether you receive, opened or clicked on any links in an email sent to you. Furthermore, Clicktale may receive the webpage that led you to our Website.
- How does Clicktale collect such Information? Clicktale may use various methods to collect Information, including:
a. Use by Clicktale of its own Clicktale service. The Clicktale service may collect Usage Information and Technical Information as well as any text or Personal Information you type in the Clicktale Website.
c. When you voluntarily provide information - for example, in any form, registration, community forums, search request or request for information.
d. Third party tools such as analytic tools and advertising services. We may partner with and use various third party software and services (“Third Party Partners”) in order to analyze and improve our Website and serve you advertisements (including remarketing ads across the Internet by Google or other Third Party Partners). In connection with the services provided by such Third Party Partners, we or the Third Party Partner may use first-party cookies and/or third-party cookies. Along with cookies, the Third Party Partner may use other Information Technologies to compile Technical Information and Usage Information, and to provide measurement services and target ads.
Certain advertisers (including Google) may be members of NAI and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may opt out from such advertiser’s services here (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) or at the following link: www.aboutads.info/choices
- How does Clicktale use Information? Clicktale uses Information for the following purposes:
a. For marketing and client relations, such as a periodic newsletter email or to inform you of new products and services.
b. To contact you and offer you Clicktale’s products and services.
c. Problem diagnosis, audit, research and analysis to operate and improve the Website, Clicktale services and Information Technology.
d. To customize the Website and/or provide you with ads in connection with your use of the Website.
e. To process your inquiries and respond to your requests.
f. To prevent fraud or imminent harm, and ensure the security of Clicktale network and services.
- With whom does Clicktale share Information? In order to conduct its business and perform its services, Clicktale may share Information with various third parties, such as:
a. Clicktale subsidiary companies and affiliates.
b. Third Party Partners (as defined in Section 2d above).
c. Third parties that help us operate our Website and services (e.g. hosting company, payment processors, business management and email distribution service providers and other similar service providers).
d. When required by law, and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
e. When complying with legal requirements, such as court orders, subpoenas, and other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
f. When required to respond to or prevent fraud;
g. When required to ensure the security of the Clicktale network and services and protect the safety of Clicktale or the public.
h. As part of any merger or acquisition of Clicktale information may be transferred to the acquiring company.
i. Clicktale resellers, agents, sales partners or service providers acting on our behalf in connection with the offering of Clicktale products or services.
j. Upon a merger with or are acquisition by another company, sale of a business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, Information may be shared with such company.
To the extent Clicktale needs to provide any Personal Information to a third party for any of the above purposes such third party shall only be permitted to use such Personal Information for the purpose of providing Clicktale with the requested service and not for their own purposes.
Clicktale may publish general aggregate and unidentifiable information (e.g. statistical information) relating to use of its website or success of its marketing campaigns.
EU-U.S. / Switzerland-U.S. Privacy Shield and Cross Border Transfers
a. Clicktale may be required to transfer information to countries other than the country in which the data originated. Any such transfers shall be done in compliance with all applicable laws.
b. In regards to the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to the United States, Clicktale complies with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. To learn more please click here.
- How does Clicktale protect Personal Information? We take adequate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Where does Clicktale store Personal Information? Clicktale stores Personal Information on its own servers as well as those operated by third party data hosting providers. Such servers may be located worldwide. European users acknowledge and agree that such Personal Information may be transferred outside of the European Union to countries which laws may not offer the same protection as those of the European Union. Clicktale’s transfer and use of any such Personal Information shall be in compliance with applicable laws.
How can a user review or update his personal information?
a. The laws of certain jurisdictions may provide users with certain rights to access, update, and delete personal information held about them (if any). Clicktale will fully cooperate ensure any such requests are complied with.
b. For any additional information regarding such access, update or deletion requests you may contact Clicktale at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Technologies. Information Technologies may include:
a. Cookies: A cookie is a small text file transferred to your computer that records information about your preferences. Such cookies may also include cookies which help Clicktale in remembering certain settings that you have chosen; and help Clicktale analyze your use of the Clicktale Website. You can control cookies through your browser's settings. If you reject all cookies, however, you may not be able to view the Clicktale website properly.
b. Web Beacons: Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages, emails or ads that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit a page, or to understand whether an email or ad was received, opened or any links within it were clicked.
c. Java Script and other scripts: These are scripts included within our Website that enable us to analyze how you use our website, including, where you clicked and scrolled, and what information you typed into the website.